This Privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries. You can also contact the local Privacy Contact Person off Denkavit if you have questions about how your personal data is handled at any time. You can also send any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denkavit Nederland B.V. is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy statement describes how Denkavit Nederland B.V. and its entities (collectively, “Denkavit”) handles personal information collected through the sites on www.denkavit.com that link to this Privacy statement (collectively, “the Websites”).
By using the Websites and providing personal information to us, you acknowledge you have read this Privacy statement, and, to the extent your consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information by Denkavit and any third party recipients in accordance with this Privacy statement.
Who decides what happens to your information?
The data controller of the Websites is Denkavit. For most purposes, we’ll be the ones deciding what happens to the information we collect about you. We inform you know if someone else is doing this.
Third party links
How do we collect information about you?
When you use our Websites, we may collect information about you and your use of the relevant site, including through cookies and analytics tools.
How do we use information about you?
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this Privacy statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
List of purposes for which we use your information:
- to administer and manage the Websites;
- to sort and analyze user data;
- to develop our businesses and services;
- any other purposes for which you provided the information to Denkavit.
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- where no other condition for processing is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information collected via the Websites; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
How do we transfer and store information about you?
Transfers within Denkavit
As Denkavit is an international organisation with entities in the EU, your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. Your information will not be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information.
Processing locations and transfers to third party service providers
Your information may also be transferred to service providers (third party service providers) to process it on Denkavit’s behalf. When we transfer personal data, we do so for the purposes for which the information has been submitted, for the purposes listed above under Use of Personal Information, for the administration and maintenance of the Websites and associated systems, and/or other internal or administrative purposes. We also may transfer personal data to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
If you’re in the EEA, we’ll transfer your information to third party service providers outside the EEA only:
- if the recipient is in a country (or a specified sector within a country – e.g. an organisation under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield) that the European Commission recognises as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- under standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or other safeguards meeting the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation for transfers of personal data outside the EEA.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- when explicitly requested by you;
- when required to deliver publications or reference materials as requested by you;
- when it is stated or you (could) have when sharing the information.
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. This includes disclosures outside the country where you are located. Denkavit may also review and use your personal information to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
How long will we keep information about you?
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the Websites or in the relevant communications to you. If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us by sending an email email@example.com or by one of the means set out at the end of this Privacy statement. We may charge for a request to access your information, if permitted by applicable law.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy statement or the way your personal information is processed on the Websites, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
Post: Tolnegenweg 65, 3781 PV Voorthuizen, The Netherlands
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
This Privacy statement was last modified in July 1st 2020. We may update this Privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. The new modified or amended Privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Privacy statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.